State & Federal Policy Solutions
WFU is planning a “Winter Meat-ings” series on solutions to meat processing struggles in the state. “Meat Processing Infrastructure was one of the Special Orders of Business set by the grassroots membership at our 2020 convention, and it’s an issue that has become even more critical in light of the supply chain struggles around the pandemic,” said Wisconsin Farmers Union President Darin Von Ruden. “This series will give farmers, processors, rural leaders, and other stakeholders a chance to come together in search of creative solutions.”
Panelists for the February 11 Event
- Randy Romanski, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection Secretary
- Walt Schweitzer, Montana Farmers Union President
- Mike Stranz, National Farmers Union Vice President of Advocacy
To register for the zoom link or call-in info please click the "Register for Event" button in the upper righthand corner.
The Winter Meat-ing Series includes 7 total events. Please register for each event individually. You can find recordings of previous events here.
- December 10 - Farmer & Processor Perspectives (Click here)
- January 14: Mobile Slaughtering & On-Farm Solutions (Click here)
- January 28: Creative Cooperative & Community Solutions (Click here)
- February 11: State & Federal Policy Solutions (Click here)
- March 11: Labor Struggles & Solutions (Click here)
- March 25: Educational Opportunities & Workforce Development (Click here)
- April 8: Creative Marketing Solutions (Click here)